so you’ve cleared out your family’s bleach supply for your tie die sets and your banana bread recipe is getting a bit tired. here’s a list of 14 things you can do in quarantine that you’ll actually look forward to doing.
- make a playlist. i love making playlists around different parts of my life and this quarantine is a great time to make one. which songs have you been listening to on repeat (hi, ribs)? are your favorite artists coming out with new music? beautify your playlist with an original photo that captures what this time in your life looks like.
- press flowers. everywhere I drive and walk (of course, safely), there are tulips and daisies sprouting on every corner. there are many ways to press flowers (between books, in the microwave…). once you’ve done this, put them in a frame to remind you of the beauty this world has.
- join me in creating a quarantine journal. this will be a really cool way to look back at what’s happening in the world and it gives you something to look forward to each day! i’m posting daily on my tik tok and updating an instagram highlight with the prompts about once a week.
- clear out your closet. you might have done this already, or more likely, you’ve half-assed doing this. go back in your closet and take clothes out you haven’t worn in the past 2 years. put aside to wash and donate once we can safely do so.
- for clothes that you love but need a little refresh, do some stitching on them or switch out buttons/ straps etc to give them a new life. you’ll have more fun rewearing them with your own little modifications (and it will be one of a kind).
- create a pinterest board of quarantine outfits/ activities. pinterest is such a great place to manifest and get inspiration for our lives. why save it for post-quarantine life?
- organize film photographs. if you’re anything like me, your favorite pictures are from film, but they’re just sitting in the paper envelopes you picked them up from CVS in. use this extra time to put them in an album, scrapbook, journal, frame….
- set up a trivia game night with your friends. pick one person to be the “game host” who will create the questions and keep track of the points. whoever wins (or loses) will be the host the next week! sort questions by categories, and make sure to include a category about your friend group!
- clear out your camera roll…. ok, maybe this isn’t something you want to do, but you know you have to. You’ll thank me when you hit “Delete 5,693 photos”.
- give yourself a full glam, colorful, (talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, showstopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before) MAKEOVER! I was inspired by Marc Jacobs…
- write letters to your friends and family. you can hold off sending these until quarantine is over, but there is truly nothing like receiving a handwritten note and it will make the receiver so happy.
- set goals to do something significant every week/ month (be realistic but timely!) this can be learning a new skill (lettering, photoshop, wine tasting, making bread…), taking an online course (coursera is offering free Yale courses. HULLO?), practicing a language, finishing a book….
- get involved with Home From College.. a startup (I’m working on) launching May 1. There will be weekly interviews with industry leaders about their journeys and how they overcame challenges/ bumps in their career. Follow us on IG to be the first to know about launches!!
- start a youtube channel/ blog/ podcast if you’ve been putting it off for years (you know who you are).
Tell me if you do any of these and comment what I’m missing! Stay up to date with my day to day on Instagram.
11 thoughts on “14 things you’ll actually want to do in quarantine”
LikeLiked by 1 person
thanks for the inspo! was in desperate need of new ideas!!!
My favourite quarantine song is Levitating by Dua Lipa – so good! Thank you for these actual useful tips, can’t wait to try them out!
– I’m also making a quarantine journal! Thank you for keeping me inspired with the daily prompts 🙂
my fav artist is The 1975 – you should deffo check them out if you’ve never listened (think you’d like)
I’m keeping up to date with your Quarantine journal. i looveee it!!! keep the prompts coming plz 🙂
You should make a video on how you started your blog, I’ve been wanting to start one but I don’t know where to start!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love this!! Especially the photo. Keep going Margot 🙂
some other great resources for learning new subjects or skills are khanacademy, duolingo, and crash course on youtube. love your blog, I’m always checking back for updates haha.
I love these ideas, & feel that setting goals & staying busy is so important during this crazy time.
Love this, Margot! I’ve signed up for HFC, blogged, *and* learned to bake bread in quarantine. Crazy! The HFC office hours call totally slipped my mind this morning but I’m looking forward to the next one. There’s a lot of potential in HFC, props to Julia, you, and the rest of the team!
LikeLiked by 1 person